Are you prepared for the catastrophic risks this hurricane season could bring? Did you know overwhelming yourself with statistics and planning can be… overwhelming? You don’t need that. We can tell you that approaching hurricane season planning as a multi-tier and multi-layered event, you can plan more calmly and not have to use peppermint stress-relief balm to soothe what ails you. We’ll go through the stages we see as pivotal for your team’s preparations:
- Update all staff contact information and ensure that your teams can work remotely if need be. This is something that is taken for granted at this point because after the pandemic shutdown of 2020 office teams are more connected and flexible, even from home. Making sure that your team is able to work and run your business from anywhere is extremely important, and could lead to less of a revenue loss if you’re not able to work from your offices.
- Communicate your plans with your clients and external stakeholders, so that everyone is on the same page as to what will occur in any case.
- Ensure that you know that you are receiving all inbound information in a timely manner and that clients are able to access your team if they have questions or worries about the event that is occurring.
- Keep your clients abreast of anything that may affect their ability to communicate with or deal with you or your systems.
- Keep your team updated on any pertinent information dealing with your office location, and when they are expected to return to work.
- Alright, you made it! There’s a lot to celebrate, leverage the technical capabilities that you have at your disposal to let clients know that you are there for them in response to whatever they may need as they put their businesses and lives back together.
- Work on your own post-event evaluation of how your systems held up, what the team did properly and how to confront any shortcomings in a future storm scenario.
- Assess your damage and loss as it is related to this storm, make any claims that you may need to make for the recovery of your business, and mitigate any potential losses.
The Gables Insurance Recovery team has the experience you need to walk you through the recovery process while representing your best interest to ensure you get the recovery you deserve.